The newest electronic Bosch GCM12SD is an astounding compound miter saw. It is 12 inches, 60 tooth blade, dual-Bevel glide miter saw having a blade diameter of 12.0 and weight of 65.01lbs. The Bosch GCM12SD 12-inch sliding Glide provides enhanced accuracy, alignment, and wide crosscuts.
This heavy technological Bosch GCM12SD comes with a motor of 15 AMP, which provides a speed of 3,800 rpm without giving any load to the motor. The 12 inches blade allows the user for wider and deeper cuts according to convenience. Moreover, the aforementioned miter saw provides a large cutting capacity and smooth cutting motions. Also, Bosch GCM12SD has a lower guard to increase visibility while working on wood.
The fascinating feature of the device is that it has inbuilt electrical breaks. Also, Bosch GCM12SD has a dust collector nozzle to remove the dust from the surface while working. Furthermore, the product is equipped with a stainless steel miter scale.
Also, the size of the Bosch GCM12SD is quite good, having a height of 27 inches, length of 32.375 inches & width of 26.5 inches. This product is not in-expensive but it’s worth the price considering all the features it has.
Features of Bosch GCM12SD
The Bosch GCM12SD has a wide range of cutting capacity. The horizontal cutting capacity is 14 inches, the vertical cutty capacity is 6 ½ inches, and the crown capacity is also 6 ½ inches against the fence if 3-8 inches. It has a crosscut capacity of 2-14 inches with 0 degrees miter and 45 degrees( left/right) bevel. Moreover, the crosscut capacity is 2-10 inches with 45 degrees miter and 45 degrees bevel (right/left). Such a wide range of capabilities allows the user for deeper and more accurate cuts.
Direct drive motor-
The Bosch GCM12SD has a powerful motor with 15 AMP provides a speed of 3,800 rpm. Such a heavy motor is much needed to complete the work after and most importantly, very easily. Since the Bosch GCM12SD has a speed of 3,800 rpm along with 15 AMP it does not add an additional load on the motor. The heavy motor requires high maintenance, but this the plus point for Bosch GCM12SD its motor requires a very low maintenance level.
The fascinating Bosch GCM12SD provides a wide range of adjustability. Also, it can rotate to different angles. The maximum bevel could rotate to 47 degrees left and right. Moreover, the maximum miter rotating capacity is 52 degrees to the left and 60 degrees to the right.
The Bosch GCM12SD has pre-set bevel detents at 0 degrees to the left and 22.5 & 45 degrees to the right. And, miter detents at 0 degrees to left and 15, 22.5, 31.62, 45 degrees to the right. All these rotating and stoppage angles enabled the user to use the Bosch GCM12SD more comfortably.
Dust collect nozzle
The most positive point of Bosch GCM12SD is that it has a dust collector nozzle and vacuum system. The dust collector nozzles, removes the debris and dirt upto 90 percent. Moreover, it prevents dust particles from spreading everywhere. The dust collector has an in-built vacuum port, which removes fine debry particles along with bigger ones.
The base of Bosch GCM12SD is manufactured of high-quality aluminum, which makes it bulkier and stable. And, the heavy base is the primary requirement to work with a large piece of wood. Also, the body of the Bosch GCM12SD is made up of supreme quality stainless steel. Both of the factors make the product more durable and hence, long-lasting.
What comes in the box?
The package of Bosch GCM12SD comes with six products inside. All of them are-
- One blade wrench.
- One vacuum adaptor elbow.
- One dust bag.
- One 12 inches 60 teeth carbide-tipped blade.
- One godless vertical work clamp.
- & finally with one GCM12SD 12 inches Dual-Bevel Glide.
What is good about the Bosch GCM12SD?
- The Bosch GCM12SD compound miter saw would be the best product to hit on. This fascinating product provides a 12-inch blade having a diameter of 12.0, which allows the user to use certain types of cutting Technologies.
- Also, the BoschGCM12SD has a bevel range of 47 degrees on to the right as well as left. Moreover, the bevel stops at 0, 33.9, 45, and 47 degrees, making working more comfortable with Bosch GCM12SD.
- Furthermore, it has a dust removal nozzle that intensifies the quality of work by removing excess dirt produced while working on wood.
- This sputtering electrical compound saw miter is the perfect saw from a safety point of view. As, it is equipped with inbuilt electrical breaks, necessary for safety as well as carefree working.
- The product has a maximum base molding of 3-8 inches from 0-47 degrees left and maximum crown molding of 5-¼ inches from 0-47 degrees.
- Bosch GCM12SD provides a great cutting capacity. The range of miter angle is 52 degrees left and 60 degrees right. The miter detents of Bosch GCM12SD is at 0, 15, 22.5, 31.6, 45 (right/left), 60(right) degrees.
- In addition to all of that, the most important factor to grab on the Bosch GCM12SD is because of its heavy motor. The motor of Bosch GCM12SD is 15 AMP providing a speed of 3,800 rpm without any load on the system and having a voltage of 120 V.
What is a flaw of the Bosch GCM12SD?
The only one but the noticeable flaw of the Bosch GCM12SD is that it does not have a dual laser guideline. Because of this flaw, if you fix the laser disk, you would see the line only on the left side. So, you will have to spin the blade.
Also, because of this, you might face problems in crown molding. The crown molding requires a cut on both sides, and dual laser LED makes it process faster. Moreover, it does not have an electric speed control system.
Our verdict – Should You Buy Bosch GCM12SD?
The overall feature of the Bosch GCM12SD, worth the attention-grabbing of the professional construction product users. The Bosch GCM12SD is having very few flaws, and mostly the feature attracting the user towards them. All of them are ordaining to purchase any miter saw should consider the Bosch GCM12SD.